
-
FA Cup-holders Palace sign Spain winger Pino
-
Alcaraz romps into US Open fourth round, Rybakina advances
-
Alcaraz mows down Darderi to reach US Open last 16
-
Court battle underway as Fed Governor Cook contests firing by Trump
-
Schwarber hits historic four homers but misses rare shot at five
-
Injury doubt Tonali picked by Gattuso for Italy's World Cup qualifiers
-
Spurs sign Dutch midfielder Simons in boost for new boss Frank
-
Rybakina routs Raducanu to advance at US Open
-
US banana giant Chiquita returns to Panama
-
Martin says Rangers remain supportive despite woeful start
-
Stocks slide as US inflation clouds rates outlook
-
Smog then floods: Pakistani families 'can't catch a break'
-
US to refuse visas to Palestinian officials at UN summit on state
-
Ayuso triumphs in Vuelta stage seven, Traen keeps red jersey
-
Goalkeepers still posing problems for Man City boss Guardiola
-
Turkey bars Israeli ships, flights from its territory
-
Forest boss Nuno plans Marinakis talks after transfer issues
-
Putin will have 'played' Trump if he refuses to meet Zelensky: Macron
-
Norris sets early pace at Dutch Grand Prix practice
-
Bargell tackles medical challenge and starts for US at Women's Rugby World Cup
-
Vardy in talks to sign for Serie A outfit Cremonese: source
-
Trump withdraws Kamala Harris's Secret Service protection
-
Arteta concerned by Saka injuries after latest hamstring blow
-
Red Cross says number of missing people surging
-
Tuchel apologised to Bellingham over 'repulsive' blast
-
Garnacho arrives at Chelsea as £40 m move from Man Utd moves closer
-
Iran has executed at least 841 people this year: UN
-
'Sometimes I want to quit' says troubled Man Utd boss Amorim
-
German neo-Nazi heads for women's jail after gender change
-
Crystal Palace to face Dynamo Kyiv, Strasbourg in Conference League
-
Japan pledges $68 billion investment in India
-
Europa League draw throws up Forest rematch with Malmo
-
Rooney reckons 'something is broken' at Amorim's Man Utd
-
McLaren set pace in first practice at Dutch Grand Prix
-
'Money': Bayern's Kompany laments Premier League spending power
-
Alexander-Arnold dropped by England for World Cup qualifiers
-
Julia Roberts looks to 'stir it up' with cancel culture film at Venice
-
Howe vows Newcastle won't make 'poor' transfer decisions
-
Max Verstappen: fan favourite but -- for once -- not race favourite
-
Austria orders YouTube to give users access to their data
-
Labubu fans flock to stores after launch of mini dolls
-
Italy's Meloni slams photo sharing in lewd sites scandal
-
Swiss economic outlook 'dampened' by US tariffs: key barometer
-
Tukuafu returns for women's rugby world champions New Zealand against Japan
-
Israel army says Gaza City now 'a dangerous combat zone'
-
Trump son hypes bitcoin on Hong Kong leg of Asia trip
-
Paetongtarn Shinawatra: glamorous Thai PM felled by Cambodia row
-
Park Chan-wook, master of black comedy, returns to Venice
-
Mourinho sacked by Fenerbahce after Champions League exit
-
German unemployment tops 3 million, highest for a decade

Goalkeepers still posing problems for Man City boss Guardiola
Pep Guardiola has still to determine the identity of his first-choice goalkeeper, with the Manchester City manager uncertain who will be between the posts when his side face Brighton in the Premier League on Sunday.
James Trafford started the season in goal but a nervous display during last week's loss to Tottenham, when his glaring error led to a goal, has cast doubt over the position.
The 22-year-old had retained his place from the season-opening win against Wolves, when Ederson was unable to play due to illness.
But with speculation also surrounding the future of the Brazilian –- and City also linked with Paris Saint-Germain's Gianluigi Donnarumma – the question of who will be City's 'number one' may remain unresolved until after the closure of the transfer window next week and when club football resumes following the upcoming international break.
"In this part of the season, and at all the clubs before the international transfer window is closed, everything is possible," Guardiola told reporters on Friday. "It's as simple as that.
"After that, we're going to play (Manchester) United and (in the) Champions League and Arsenal. After that everything will be more clear and we'll take decisions.
"It depends on the performance and it depends on many reasons. It's not just the keepers, (it's) all the players."
- 'Concerned' -
Trafford, a City academy graduate, rejoined the club in a £27 million ($36 million) deal in July after starring at Burnley, with Guardiola confident the keeper will regain his confidence following an anxious home debut against Spurs.
"We take care of them. Of course, he was concerned –- I would not like it if he was not concerned, but of course we are here to help them, no doubt about that. We're here to support in the bad moments."
Guardiola, asked on Friday if he had decided who will play at Brighton, replied: "Tomorrow – because I don't have a press conference."
Both of City’s other frontline keepers, Ederson and Stefan Ortega, are in the final years of their contracts and have been linked with moves away before Monday's deadline.
Guardiola refused to comment on any possible departures, even though he has repeatedly said his squad is too large for his liking.
"We have a long squad and all the players have maybe signings (elsewhere) –- maybe," he said Friday. "People leave. It's what it is. The transfer (window) is in that way. You have to accept it."
Guardiola, meanwhile insisted he was happy for midfielder Rodri to link up with the Spain national team next week despite his limited start to the season.
The Ballon d’Or winner, who missed most of the last campaign through injury, suffered a setback prior to the opening game and has so far played just 15 minutes this term.
Guardiola said: "He feels better and needs minutes. I think they talk to each other and they decided to select him. I never say when a player is fit, always I support them to go to the national team."
J.Marty--VB