
-
Alcaraz romps into US Open fourth round, injured Shelton exits
-
Mussolini's great grandson hails winning Serie A debut with table-toppers Cremonese
-
Shelton quits US Open with shoulder injury
-
In whirlwind tour, Qatari royal commits $70bn to southern Africa
-
St Pauli upstage Hamburg in derby return
-
Trump moves to cut more foreign aid, risking shutdown
-
Hearing ends without ruling on Trump attempt to oust Fed Governor Cook
-
Europeans tell Iran offer on table to avoid sanctions
-
FA Cup-holders Palace sign Spain winger Pino
-
Alcaraz romps into US Open fourth round, Rybakina advances
-
Alcaraz mows down Darderi to reach US Open last 16
-
Court battle underway as Fed Governor Cook contests firing by Trump
-
Schwarber hits historic four homers but misses rare shot at five
-
Injury doubt Tonali picked by Gattuso for Italy's World Cup qualifiers
-
Spurs sign Dutch midfielder Simons in boost for new boss Frank
-
Rybakina routs Raducanu to advance at US Open
-
US banana giant Chiquita returns to Panama
-
Martin says Rangers remain supportive despite woeful start
-
Stocks slide as US inflation clouds rates outlook
-
Smog then floods: Pakistani families 'can't catch a break'
-
US to refuse visas to Palestinian officials at UN summit on state
-
Ayuso triumphs in Vuelta stage seven, Traen keeps red jersey
-
Goalkeepers still posing problems for Man City boss Guardiola
-
Turkey bars Israeli ships, flights from its territory
-
Forest boss Nuno plans Marinakis talks after transfer issues
-
Putin will have 'played' Trump if he refuses to meet Zelensky: Macron
-
Norris sets early pace at Dutch Grand Prix practice
-
Bargell tackles medical challenge and starts for US at Women's Rugby World Cup
-
Vardy in talks to sign for Serie A outfit Cremonese: source
-
Trump withdraws Kamala Harris's Secret Service protection
-
Arteta concerned by Saka injuries after latest hamstring blow
-
Red Cross says number of missing people surging
-
Tuchel apologised to Bellingham over 'repulsive' blast
-
Garnacho arrives at Chelsea as £40 m move from Man Utd moves closer
-
Iran has executed at least 841 people this year: UN
-
'Sometimes I want to quit' says troubled Man Utd boss Amorim
-
German neo-Nazi heads for women's jail after gender change
-
Crystal Palace to face Dynamo Kyiv, Strasbourg in Conference League
-
Japan pledges $68 billion investment in India
-
Europa League draw throws up Forest rematch with Malmo
-
Rooney reckons 'something is broken' at Amorim's Man Utd
-
McLaren set pace in first practice at Dutch Grand Prix
-
'Money': Bayern's Kompany laments Premier League spending power
-
Alexander-Arnold dropped by England for World Cup qualifiers
-
Julia Roberts looks to 'stir it up' with cancel culture film at Venice
-
Howe vows Newcastle won't make 'poor' transfer decisions
-
Max Verstappen: fan favourite but -- for once -- not race favourite
-
Austria orders YouTube to give users access to their data
-
Labubu fans flock to stores after launch of mini dolls
-
Italy's Meloni slams photo sharing in lewd sites scandal

Two die in Swedish school attack, student suspected: police
Two women died after being stabbed at a high school in southern Sweden on Monday, police said, adding that an 18-year-old student had been arrested.
The two women, both in their 50s, "were employees of the school", the police said in a statement following the attack at Malmo Latinskola, a secondary school in the centre of Malmo, the country's third largest city.
Local media said the alleged attacker called the emergency number to say where he was and that he had put down his weapon and admitted to having killed two people.
He was armed with a knife and an axe, according to several Swedish media.
The suspect was arrested without difficulty shortly after the arrival of the first patrol, according to the police account.
Earlier in the evening, police had initially reported two injured among the around 50 people in the school at the time of the incident.
The two victims "were taken to the hospital but their lives could not be saved", the authorities said.
Police were alerted around 5:15 pm (1615 GMT) and a first patrol was able to enter the school.
Footage shows heavily equipped and armed police inspecting the interior of the building.
The school remained cordoned off with police tape several hours later, and numerous police cars and ambulances were still at the scene.
After initial reports of screaming in the school, "we have had more information that pointed to a serious crime being committed and that violence was occurring in the school," police spokesman Nils Norling told AFP.
"The first police patrol on site was able to arrive at the school and arrest a male suspect. They were also able to see that there were two injured people inside the school," he said, speaking in front of the building.
No motive has been established so far.
After extensively inspecting the scene and interviewing witnesses, the authorities are convinced the suspect acted alone.
"A lot of work remains ahead of us to understand what happened and the motivation behind this appalling act," said Asa Nilsson, one of the heads of the investigation.
A press conference is scheduled for 9:30 am (0830 GMT) Tuesday.
In January, a 16-year-old boy was arrested after wounding a student and a teacher in the town of Kristianstad, also in southern Sweden,
The case had been linked to a similar attack in August in the town of Eslov, around 50 kilometres (30 miles) away, when a student attacked a 45-year-old school worker.
In October 2015, three people were killed in a racially-motivated attack at a school in the western town of Trollhattan by an assailant later killed by police.
H.Seidel--BTB