
-
Alcaraz romps into US Open fourth round, injured Shelton exits
-
Mussolini's great grandson hails winning Serie A debut with table-toppers Cremonese
-
Shelton quits US Open with shoulder injury
-
In whirlwind tour, Qatari royal commits $70bn to southern Africa
-
St Pauli upstage Hamburg in derby return
-
Trump moves to cut more foreign aid, risking shutdown
-
Hearing ends without ruling on Trump attempt to oust Fed Governor Cook
-
Europeans tell Iran offer on table to avoid sanctions
-
FA Cup-holders Palace sign Spain winger Pino
-
Alcaraz romps into US Open fourth round, Rybakina advances
-
Alcaraz mows down Darderi to reach US Open last 16
-
Court battle underway as Fed Governor Cook contests firing by Trump
-
Schwarber hits historic four homers but misses rare shot at five
-
Injury doubt Tonali picked by Gattuso for Italy's World Cup qualifiers
-
Spurs sign Dutch midfielder Simons in boost for new boss Frank
-
Rybakina routs Raducanu to advance at US Open
-
US banana giant Chiquita returns to Panama
-
Martin says Rangers remain supportive despite woeful start
-
Stocks slide as US inflation clouds rates outlook
-
Smog then floods: Pakistani families 'can't catch a break'
-
US to refuse visas to Palestinian officials at UN summit on state
-
Ayuso triumphs in Vuelta stage seven, Traen keeps red jersey
-
Goalkeepers still posing problems for Man City boss Guardiola
-
Turkey bars Israeli ships, flights from its territory
-
Forest boss Nuno plans Marinakis talks after transfer issues
-
Putin will have 'played' Trump if he refuses to meet Zelensky: Macron
-
Norris sets early pace at Dutch Grand Prix practice
-
Bargell tackles medical challenge and starts for US at Women's Rugby World Cup
-
Vardy in talks to sign for Serie A outfit Cremonese: source
-
Trump withdraws Kamala Harris's Secret Service protection
-
Arteta concerned by Saka injuries after latest hamstring blow
-
Red Cross says number of missing people surging
-
Tuchel apologised to Bellingham over 'repulsive' blast
-
Garnacho arrives at Chelsea as £40 m move from Man Utd moves closer
-
Iran has executed at least 841 people this year: UN
-
'Sometimes I want to quit' says troubled Man Utd boss Amorim
-
German neo-Nazi heads for women's jail after gender change
-
Crystal Palace to face Dynamo Kyiv, Strasbourg in Conference League
-
Japan pledges $68 billion investment in India
-
Europa League draw throws up Forest rematch with Malmo
-
Rooney reckons 'something is broken' at Amorim's Man Utd
-
McLaren set pace in first practice at Dutch Grand Prix
-
'Money': Bayern's Kompany laments Premier League spending power
-
Alexander-Arnold dropped by England for World Cup qualifiers
-
Julia Roberts looks to 'stir it up' with cancel culture film at Venice
-
Howe vows Newcastle won't make 'poor' transfer decisions
-
Max Verstappen: fan favourite but -- for once -- not race favourite
-
Austria orders YouTube to give users access to their data
-
Labubu fans flock to stores after launch of mini dolls
-
Italy's Meloni slams photo sharing in lewd sites scandal

Becker on trial accused of failing to hand over trophies to settle debts
A British jury was told to ignore Boris Becker's celebrity status on Monday as the former world number one tennis player faces trial, accused of failing to hand over trophies he won to settle his debts.
The 54-year-old German, who was declared bankrupt in 2017, is alleged to have concealed assets, including properties in Germany and London.
Becker is accused of removing hundreds of thousands of pounds by transferring it to other accounts, including those of former wife Barbara Becker and estranged wife Sharlely "Lilly" Becker.
The six-time Grand Slam champion is also said to have failed to hand over a number of trophies, including two for winning Wimbledon and his two Australian Open trophies, as well as his 1992 Olympic gold medal for the men's doubles.
Becker, who commentated for the BBC at Wimbledon last year, is facing a three-week trial at a south London court, where he denies 24 charges under the Insolvency Act relating to the period between May and October 2017.
They include nine counts of failing to deliver up trophies and other awards and seven counts of concealing property.
Other charges include five counts of failing to disclose estate, including properties in Germany and London, and one of concealing 825,000 euros ($910,000, £690,000) of debt.
Becker, who won 49 singles titles during his 16 years as a professional player, arrived at court on Monday morning hand in hand with his partner Lilian de Carvalho Monteiro.
He sat in the dock at Southwark Crown Court, wearing a dark suit and white shirt, next to a German translator, who is helping him during the trial.
Judge Deborah Taylor said it was not suggested Becker "does not speak English" but said he may need help with "technical vocabulary such as legal concepts".
"You must leave aside anything you have heard or any preconceptions about this case, including anything about this defendant, and start with a blank page," she told the jury.
"You must ignore this defendant's celebrity and treat him in exactly the same way you would treat someone you have not heard of and is not in the public eye."
The prosecution is expected to open the case later on Monday.
- 'Boom Boom' Boris -
Becker, with a shock of strawberry-blond hair, shook up the tennis world in 1985 when he became Wimbledon's youngest men's singles champion at the age of 17 -- repeating the feat the following year.
The German's dynamic style and boyish enthusiasm -- best captured in his penchant for spectacular diving volleys on the Wimbledon grass -- made him the darling of the crowds at the All England Club.
Nicknamed "Boom Boom" Becker for his ferocious serve, he won Wimbledon for a third time in 1989.
He also won the Australian Open twice and the US Open during his glittering career, becoming the top-ranked player in the world in 1991.
Becker turned to commentary after his retirement, landing a high-profile role on the BBC, but he returned to the court in 2013 as the coach of Novak Djokovic, helping the Serb win six more Grand Slam trophies before the pair parted ways in 2016.
J.Horn--BTB