
-
Chinese rookie Wang grabs LPGA lead at storm-hit TPC Boston
-
US appeals court finds Trump's global tariffs illegal
-
Sounders out to 'prove a point' against Messi's Inter in Leagues Cup final
-
'Trans' neo-Nazi shakes up gender debate in Germany
-
Tiafoe bounced out in US Open third round
-
Argentina police carry out raids in
Milei sister graft probe
-
Maresca won't ban Chelsea players from social media
-
US Spirit Airlines files for bankruptcy again
-
Amorim expects to stay at Man Utd as pressure mounts
-
Alcaraz romps into US Open fourth round, injured Shelton exits
-
Mussolini's great grandson hails winning Serie A debut with table-toppers Cremonese
-
Shelton quits US Open with shoulder injury
-
In whirlwind tour, Qatari royal commits $70bn to southern Africa
-
St Pauli upstage Hamburg in derby return
-
Trump moves to cut more foreign aid, risking shutdown
-
Hearing ends without ruling on Trump attempt to oust Fed Governor Cook
-
Europeans tell Iran offer on table to avoid sanctions
-
FA Cup-holders Palace sign Spain winger Pino
-
Alcaraz romps into US Open fourth round, Rybakina advances
-
Alcaraz mows down Darderi to reach US Open last 16
-
Court battle underway as Fed Governor Cook contests firing by Trump
-
Schwarber hits historic four homers but misses rare shot at five
-
Injury doubt Tonali picked by Gattuso for Italy's World Cup qualifiers
-
Spurs sign Dutch midfielder Simons in boost for new boss Frank
-
Rybakina routs Raducanu to advance at US Open
-
US banana giant Chiquita returns to Panama
-
Martin says Rangers remain supportive despite woeful start
-
Stocks slide as US inflation clouds rates outlook
-
Smog then floods: Pakistani families 'can't catch a break'
-
US to refuse visas to Palestinian officials at UN summit on state
-
Ayuso triumphs in Vuelta stage seven, Traen keeps red jersey
-
Goalkeepers still posing problems for Man City boss Guardiola
-
Turkey bars Israeli ships, flights from its territory
-
Forest boss Nuno plans Marinakis talks after transfer issues
-
Putin will have 'played' Trump if he refuses to meet Zelensky: Macron
-
Norris sets early pace at Dutch Grand Prix practice
-
Bargell tackles medical challenge and starts for US at Women's Rugby World Cup
-
Vardy in talks to sign for Serie A outfit Cremonese: source
-
Trump withdraws Kamala Harris's Secret Service protection
-
Arteta concerned by Saka injuries after latest hamstring blow
-
Red Cross says number of missing people surging
-
Tuchel apologised to Bellingham over 'repulsive' blast
-
Garnacho arrives at Chelsea as £40 m move from Man Utd moves closer
-
Iran has executed at least 841 people this year: UN
-
'Sometimes I want to quit' says troubled Man Utd boss Amorim
-
German neo-Nazi heads for women's jail after gender change
-
Crystal Palace to face Dynamo Kyiv, Strasbourg in Conference League
-
Japan pledges $68 billion investment in India
-
Europa League draw throws up Forest rematch with Malmo
-
Rooney reckons 'something is broken' at Amorim's Man Utd

Former Boeing pilot on trial over 737 MAX
A former Boeing pilot accused of misleading US aviation regulators during the certification process for the 737 MAX jetliner was due to go on trial Friday.
In the wake of two fatal crashes of the MAX that killed 346 people, US authorities indicted Mark Forkner in November, and so far he is the only individual facing prosecution in the case.
Judge Reed O'Connor was due to open proceedings in a Fort Worth, Texas court at 1800 GMT, starting with jury selection and opening statements, according to court documents. The first witnesses are expected to testify Monday.
A spokeswoman for the local prosecutor's office confirmed the trial was to begin on Friday.
Boeing has acknowledged responsibility for misleading the authorities about the MAX, and agreed in January 2021 to pay more than $2.5 billion to settle lawsuits related to the crash of a Lion Air flight in October 2018 and Ethiopian Airlines in March 2019.
The aviation giant said two of its employees misled the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
According to prosecution documents, Forkner in 2016 discovered a major change made to the MAX flight control software known as MCAS, which was implicated in both crashes.
In a message to a colleague revealed in 2019, he indicated that the software made the plane difficult to fly in a simulator, the documents show.
But prosecutors say he failed to share all the information with the FAA, which did not require additional pilot training on the MAX.
Forkner's defense team said he is being made a scapegoat in the investigation.
The judge last month dismissed two of the six original charges against the pilot.
Forkner remains accused of having sought to mislead Boeing customers American Airlines and Southwest Airlines by not providing them with all the relevant information when they finalized their orders for the aircraft, in particular on the need for training, in a bid to protect the manufacturer from losing money.
Boeing declined to comment on Friday.
Forkner's lawyers and the prosecutors in the case did not immediately respond to a request for comment from AFP.
J.Horn--BTB