
-
Israel says killed spokesman for Hamas armed wing
-
Ireland on verge of Women's Rugby World Cup quarter-finals after seeing off stubborn Spain
-
Vardy set to complete move to Serie A side Cremonese: source
-
Japan's Yamaguchi cruises to third badminton world title
-
Jackson hopes to revive Bayern move after Chelsea halt loan deal
-
Floods leave women struggling in Pakistan's relief camps
-
Augsburg's Fellhauer leaves hospital after concussion against Bayern
-
Man Utd stars back Amorim says De Ligt
-
Indonesia leader says some protests 'leaning towards treason, terrorism'
-
Springboks call up De Klerk for New Zealand tour
-
Indonesian finance minister's home looted as protest anger grows
-
Indonesia protests put spotlight on paramilitary police force
-
Putin and Modi in China for summit hosted by Xi
-
Britain's energy grid bets on flywheels to keep the lights on
-
Wife of Australian man wanted in police killings urges him to surrender
-
Indonesian islanders taking Swiss concrete giant to court over climate
-
Zverev knocked out in US Open third round
-
Aid flotilla with Greta Thunberg set to sail for Gaza
-
French foreign minister expresses 'solidarity' on Greenland trip
-
Tourists dice with danger on Hanoi's train street
-
Pacifist Japan struggles to boost troops as China anxiety grows
-
In Guyana, remote dirt road seen as future economic lifeline
-
Putin lands in Tianjin for summit hosted by China
-
Sinner, Swiatek tested at US Open as Gauff sets up Osaka showdown
-
Swiatek struggles into US Open fourth round
-
Olympic champion Hassan and Kiros smash course records to win Sydney Marathon
-
New wave: Sea power turned into energy at Los Angeles port
-
China's Wang grabs three-shot LPGA lead at TPC Boston
-
Hassan and Kiros smash race records to win Sydney Marathon
-
Mitchell wants more from England at World Cup after another huge win
-
Real Madrid overturn Mallorca as Atletico held
-
Sinner tested at US Open as Gauff cruises into last 16
-
Joao Neves bags stunning hat-trick as PSG put six past Toulouse
-
Real Madrid make Mallorca comeback to maintain perfect start
-
Wong's US Open dream over after Rublev thriller
-
Last-gasp Anguissa fires Napoli past Cagliari, Roma keep pace
-
Sinner repels Shapovalov to reach US Open last 16
-
In Argentina, the tango keeps Parkinson's symptoms at bay
-
Shi sets up badminton world final with Kunlavut, women's champion An falls
-
Igamane hits debut double for seven-goal Lille
-
Del Toro delivers his monster, 'Frankenstein', at Venice
-
Osaka sinks Kasatkina to reach US Open last 16
-
Bayern survive late Augsburg scare, Ten Hag's tough start continues
-
NFL Cowboys linebacker legend Jordan dead at 84
-
Lamlioui double fires Morocco to record third CHAN title
-
Chelsea sign Garnacho from Man Utd
-
Spurs fans right to boo after Bournemouth defeat: Frank
-
Gauff cruises at US Open as Sinner targets last 16
-
Simeone's stuttering Atletico draw at Alaves
-
Smiling Gauff romps into US Open last 16

Microsoft seeks EU nod for Activision Blizzard bid with new offer
Microsoft said on Friday that it has offered formal commitments to the EU in its bid to persuade the bloc to approve its $69-billion takeover of video game giant Activision Blizzard.
Last year, Xbox-owner Microsoft launched a move to create the world's third biggest gaming company by revenue by purchasing the owner of hit games "Candy Crush" and "Call Of Duty", triggering antitrust concerns.
The European Commission, EU executive and the bloc's powerful antitrust authority, had been due to make a decision before April 25 but said it will now extend this deadline until May 22.
This will give Brussels more time to contact companies that may be concerned about the deal as well as users after Microsoft sent the commitments to the EU.
Neither Microsoft nor the commission would give details of the pledges submitted on Thursday.
The company has insisted the takeover will benefit customers and dismissed concerns about competition. Sony, Microsoft's bigger rival, strongly opposes the merger.
Microsoft has recently agreed deals with many companies to give access to games, including the smash hit "Call Of Duty" franchise.
"We have stood behind our promise to bring Call of Duty to more gamers on more devices by entering into agreements to bring the game to the Nintendo console and cloud game streaming services offered by Nvidia, Boosteroid and Ubitus," a company spokesperson said.
"We are now backing up that promise with binding commitments to the European Commission, which will ensure that this deal benefits gamers into the future," the spokesperson added.
Company executive Brad Smith was in Brussels last month for talks with EU officials, after which he said he was "more optimistic" about the deal's approval but he dismissed calls for Microsoft to sell hit games like "Call Of Duty".
Microsoft however faces a bigger hurdle from British regulators.
The UK's Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) said in provisional findings last month that the takeover could significantly harm competition and consumer choice. The CMA is to present its final report on or before April 26.
Y.Bouchard--BTB